10.16.2008

Going out...

I attend two moms/women's Bible studies each week, one on Tuesdays and one on Thursdays. If it wasn't for my double stroller, I highly doubt I'd ever make it to either of these as carrying Patrick in one arm and trying to lug Erin in her carrier with the other simply doesn't work well. I tried it once and decided "never again!" I've been going to both studies for a little over a month now and find that it takes a little less time each week to get out the door. Here are a few things I've learned that, if you are married without kids, single or married with kids, you can impliment to your routine.

1. plan ahead. My mom always told me this. The night before, even if you don't have time to set out clothes, at least think through what is clean and readily available. Think through an outfit for yourself, and each of your children. If you have time, set it out. This speeds things up in the morning.

2. If you have kids, get sippy cups, snacks, bottles, diapers, etc. ready and in the diaper bag. Bottles and sippy cups may need to stay in the fridge overnight, but they're easy to grab before you leave the house. Just don't forget!

3. The morning of, make sure you get up in time to do anything you need to do. Allowing yourself time makes for a minimally stressed mom/wife! And, if mom isn't stressed, chances are, the kids won't be stressed. :)

4. Get your kids up and fed in a reasonable amount of time. If your child is old enough to eat cheereos, let those be breakfast. They can feed themselves while you get ready.

5. Since I have two kids and a diaper bag to get out to the car, I've learned that taking trips helps. I put the diaper bag, sippy cups/bottles, nalgene bottles in the car several minutes before I actually need to leave. I put Erin in her carseat, take her out, and then grab Patrick and run for the car. Usually this takes under 5 minutes from start to finish.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for the morning as I am about to leave for my Mom2Mom group. :)

No comments: