1.22.2009

Chewy Granola Bars

I found this recipe on another blog and finally tried it today. YUM! My changes are in italics.

2 cups rolled oats - I used quick cooking oats
1/2 cup oat flour, blended until powdery (or 1/2 cup wheat germ) - I used oat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar - I cut the sugar in 1/2 and used a mix of both white and brown
3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) - I completely omitted these
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350° F, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.

Click here to view original post
.

1 comment:

HanClinto said...

Wow, thanks for posting this! I'll definitely try it sometime.