1.10.2009

Sickness Strikes Again!

Now I'm finally beginning to understand what people mean when they say they were sick all winter. We seem to be in our 2nd bout of true sickness and are dealing with the umpteenth cold for the season.

Wednesday morning, I got Patrick up, only to discover that he had hurled in his crib sometime during the night (I'll spare you the details). At first, I assumed it was because I fed him something a little too spicy and just let him take it easy, assuming that in a day or two, his appetite would be back to normal. Yesterday I was proven that it was not something Patrick ate when around 1:00am I woke up with a stomach ache and wasn't able to go back to sleep. Just prior to the bum-crack of dawn, I made my own visit to the bathroom to spend some quality time with the toilet. Thankfully, this only happened once!

I realized very quickly that I was going to need some major help getting through the day as simply walking the 15 or so feet from my bedroom door to the bathroom was enough to make me want to pass out. Daniel called my parents' and my mom graciously said she would be over as soon as she could. This was a HUGE blessing as it meant Daniel didn't have to take the day off of work.

I seriously don't know what I would have done yesterday without my mom. I spent 90% of the day in bed, getting up only to use the restroom and to "help" with the kids however necessary (grabbed a towel here, found a change of clothes there... you get the idea. It was nothing major). But, just to give you a picture of our day...

"Bob" or "Memo" (Finding Nemo) were on constantly until the kiddos' naptime. Mom held Patrick or Erin most of the day. And, she got puked on... twice. I maybe drank 20 oz of fluid in the time between 5:15 am and 5:15pm. Patrick ate about 1.5 goldfish. Erin couldn't keep much down except when I nursed her (interesting the way God designed our bodies...).

By the grace of God, Daniel was able to work a full day, even though he wasn't feeling very well either. Today, we all seem to be on the up-swing, though none of us are 100% yet. Praise God it seems to be short lived!

4 comments:

Janey said...

glad you are all on the mend!
we love you very much and you are in our prayers fervently.
xo jv

Brooke said...

Ooooh! Sorry to hear about the sickies returning to your house! I hope you all continue to get well and feel 100% again soon! Our bout with the GI thing was more, uh, violent, I mean virulent (I guess that's the right word!). So glad you were spared the many trips to the bathroom and glad you had some help!!

The Crowley's said...

ugh! I can relate to the stomach virus. I had it the beginning of Dec just as you described it and lucky me, I got it again a few days after Christmas. I threw up every hour and a half for 12 hours, twas fun! Little D got it as well, but praise the Lord Danny and Joey didn't get it. Feel better soon!

Cindi said...

I am so sorry to hear you all have been sick! I am praying you get well soon.