3.18.2009

A moment's silence

It's 3:58 pm and it appears that BOTH my children have fallen asleep - finally. There are no distractions - no music, no babbling voices, no noisy toys in the background. Just the hum of the computer and the sound of nearby traffic. Ahhh...

As a homemaker, I love these moments. We've had a fabulous day as I love the developments I see taking place each day in both of my children. Patrick's vocabulary is expanding rapidly and Erin's interest in her brother grows by the day. I love watching them interact. Of course, sometimes their interactions can be rather noisy - just today I was cleaning the kitchen and I heard them "talking" to or with each other, all the while banging legos together.

Curious, I peeked in at them and found that Patrick was sitting in the large legos box trying somewhat successfully to put a few pieces together while Erin was sitting about 10 inches away from the box seeing how loudly she could bang two legos together while she narrated the results of her experiment to Patrick. Noisy, but adorable. :)

Of course, these cute, noisy moments make me much more thankful for the quiet ones that follow - no, not the ones that make you ask "What is he in to?" - but the ones where you know your children are asleep safely in their cribs and that you can have 5 minutes of peace and quiet.

During these moments of peace and quiet, I often realize how blessed I am. I have a husband who loves me and who works very diligently to provide for our family. We have two precious children. We have a roof over our heads, and food on our table. Most importantly, I have been chosen as a child of the one, true God who is always faithful. Glory be to Him!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

sweet and adorable xxx

Heidi and Nick Graham said...

I can't believe how much Patrick has grown up already! He is totally losing the "baby" look. Glad you got some peaceful moments today!

Janey said...

thanks for posting that incl. all the wonderful blessings! btw, you are a blessing to us!