8.18.2009

My Birthday – I’m getting old… :-p

I celebrated my 27th birthday this past weekend by spending time with family.  Because Daniel knew we had a busy day on my actual birthday, he made sure we began celebrating the night before by having an at-home date night.  We enjoyed eating ice cream and watching one of my favorite movies – Waking Ned Devine (excellent Irish film if you’re not familiar). 

Daniel also gave me a gift card to purchase one of my other favorite movies – the 2006 Masterpiece Theatre version of Jane Eyre.  I recently discovered this version of the film and think it is, by far, the best version available.  (For those of you who don’t know, Jane Eyre tops my list of favorite books, so finding a suitable movie based on the same story is very exciting to me!)

My birthday was spent tending to the kids, helping my sister and brother-in-law settle into their new house, and enjoying a family dinner at my parents’ house.  My mom made one of my favorite dishes – chicken stroganoff – along with other delicious side dishes. 

Here are some photos from my birthday dinner at Dad and Mom’s house.  (Note:  Erin has graduated from whale hair to pigtails!)

image

image

image

image

image

1 comment: